Two weeks’ worth of linkblogging.
First, the Flashy links
- Boston Comic Con DC panel report from dcwomenkickingass: Francis Manapul talks about trying to sneak in a Wally West cameo, why the Rogues have powers now, other supporting cast members for Flash who didn’t make the cut, and more.
- Flash is faster than Writing and Art – The Absorbascon on why the Flash concept works.
- Interview with Francis Manapul at Boston Comic Con by Retcon Punch
Flash writers’ other work
- Mike Baron’s “Nexus” returns at Dark Horse
- CBR reviews Brian Buccellato’s Foster #3
- Update: Mark Waid’s webcomic initiative Thrillbent launches May 1
More comics links
- Food for thought: Why do people like comics? Progressive Ruin
- Art mashup: comics & classic paintings (CSBG/The Line It Is Drawn). Black Canary in The Scream, Flash in Eight Elvises, etc.
- WTF moment of the day. These people need to get off the internet. Imagine what they’d have said if she’d written a negative review, rather than one that was merely lukewarm? (Progressive Ruin)
- Is there anyone left who hasn’t seen these photos of the DC Comics offices at BuzzFeed?
- Should Superheroes Ever Quit? – Comic Vine
- Empirical Reasons Why The Silver Age Was Better – Mightygodking
Creators’ Rights. This is an ongoing discussion, but here are a few key posts.
- David Brothers’ article on Before Watchmen & the Avengers movie at ComicsAlliance
- Chris Robeson leaves DC now that iZombie is done, feeling he can no longer trust/support the company’s SOP toward creators, and will stop working for them after his Fairest arc is complete.
- Not surprisingly, DC canceled his Fairest arc. The Beat comments on Didio & Lee’s response
- The Comics Journal interviews Roberson
- The Beat on Alan Moore & creators’ rights in general