Linkblogging for the weekend.
First, the Flashy links
- iFanboy answers the question, The Flash: Where Do I Start?
- That F’ing Monkey: Kid Flash Changes
- Francis Manapul posts the Kid Flash #2 cover process.
- Captain Cold by Peter V. Nguyen (via The Fastest Fan Alive)
- achromaticuniverse analyzes JMS’ Flash story from The Brave and the Bold in terms of the super hero vs. the human being underneath (via The Fastest Fan Alive).
- Who does Ryan Reynolds think should play the Flash?
- Last week’s article on the bronze-age predecessor to Cobalt Blue made DC Comics’ news feed and the Flash’s Facebook page! Thanks!
Next up: Flashpoint.
- Inside Pulse | Geoff Johns: Flashpoint Tie-Ins Fun, But Not Key / Dan Didio: DC Titles Cancelled For Tie-Ins
- Bleeding Cool updated their “Flashpoint will retitle and renumber everything!” rumor from a few months back. This time, instead of renumbering everything during the event as tehy originally claimed, everything’s being renumbered after the event (Personally, I suspect that there will be a bunch of new #1 issues…for things like Batwoman, Static, other new series that have been announced, and several series launching out of Flashpoint.)
And finally, general comics stuff.
- When Words Collide: Millennium and Invasion!
- Collected Editions has spotted signs of a Chase collection. This was an amazing short-lived series from the late 1990s about Cameron Chase, agent of the Department of Extranormal Operations, as she went on missions to keep tabs on super-heroes and super-villains. It was written by D. Curtis Johnson and drawn by J.H. Williams III and Mick Gray.
- ABC Superheroes by Society6 (via Once Upon a Geek)
- The Lessons of DC Universe: Legacies – Grumpy Old Fan
- WonderCon panel report: Life After the Comics Code.
- The Line It Is Drawn #35: Comic Book Spokesmodels
- DC Comics-themed cameras from Pentax. Brings a new meaning to “Flash camera”
- The Fifth Color: comics aren’t for everyone, but everyone should have comics.