David Huang writes in about the soon-to-be-released DC animated feature, Justice League: Doom, based on the “Tower of Babel” storyline in JLA.
I recently attended the premier of Warner Brothers Entertainment’s Justice League: Doom at the Paley Center in NYC and just thought I’d share a few Flash facts about the animated feature… mild spoilers follow:
- Michael Rosenbaum reprises his role as The Flash, but this time as Barry Allen instead of Wally West. Slightly less of a ham, but there is plenty of humor sprinkled throughout Dwayne MacDuffie’s great adapted script for Flash and the whole cast.
- This is Barry Allen’s first modern animated appearance as forensic law enforcement in the field.
- We see a costume change where the suit ejects from the ring.
- We get to see Flash use his intangibility, whirlwinds, & accelerated healing. There is a lot of action in this animated feature. No punches pulled.
- Second only to Vandal Savage, Mirror Master is probably the most important villain in the piece and presented as a proper threat.
- Cheetah does not appear to be a speedster.
- Superman appears to fly faster than light. Green Lantern as well.
- Cyborg is a key character and graduates to the League but no mention of the Titans.
- The contingency plan for Flash is much more logical here than in Waid’s original; the fix is a little less clear, however.
Justice League: Doom arrives in stores on February 28.