Catching up on linkblogging!
- The Weekly Crisis Moments of the Day: Flash Stops on a Dime and Super Speed and Baseball
- That F’ing Monkey: Cosmic Treadmill, Shark Week and Superhero Sexy Time
- Jesse Quick cosplay
- Mirror Master at FFA
- Captain Cold makes Angelus’ list of DC Comics’ Greatest Villains at Comic Book Movie
- Cast of LOST in Flash #12
- Agent of S.T.Y.L.E. – FLASH Fashion Facts at Newsarama
And be sure to follow The Rogues Kick Ass and The Fastest Fan Alive!
- The Culture Cast reviews The Flash #11
- Martin Gray reviews DCU Presents #12: Kid Flash
- Murtha reviews DCU Presents #12
- Barry Allen’s Comics reviews DC Universe Presents #12
- Collected Editions reviews Flash: The Greatest Stories Ever Told
- CBR reviews The Flash #12
- My Humble Review: Flash #12
- Barry Alen’s Comics reviews Flash #12
- DC Signature Series The Flash (Jay Garrick) Figure Review
- Jay Garrick Flash Commission by Andrew J Harmon on deviantART
- The Line it is Drawn: Tribute to Joe Kubert
- Superhero 101 fan art at The Line it is Drawn (CSBG)
- Patterns: Joe Kubert “false sense of security” covers
- Impulse- Bart Allen Cross Stitch
- Flash (Wally West) Custom Action Figure
More DC comics
- Who's Who: The Definitive Podcast of the DC Universe, Vol 3 – Firestorm Fan
- Grumpy Old Fan: Used universes
- Justice League Customizable Photo Frame found by Firestorm Fan
- A Bunch of Vehicles Talk Smack About Wonder Woman’s Robot Plane (CSBG)
- How the New 52 saved comics – The Beat
- The webcomic “Little League” is now called JL8 due to trademark issues
- CBLDF has a fascinating set before-and-after comparisons showing of pre-Comics Code stories that were reprinted after the Code went into effect, and what had to be changed to appease it.
- Comic book styles from around the world – How do comics reflect the countries they were created in?
- Taking comics seriously at Colgate Connect includes the history of American comics in 6 panels (via The Beat)
More Comics and Fandom
- Comic Relief interviews Mark Waid on Joe Kubert, Daredevil, cynicism, BOOM!, Superman and more.
- Why Comic-to-Screen Translation is So Difficult – Comic Book Movie
- Mark Waid’s 4 Panels That Never Work – The Gutters
- A Comics Crusader Takes On The Digital Future – NPR interviews Mark Waid
- Olympians: Superhero Bodies and What Real Athletes Look Like – ComicsAlliance
- Coming back to your LCS and keeping up the relationship with comics (IFanboy and Robot 6)
- KC Column on moving comics at Westfield. I only have 25-30 years’ worth, and my last move convinced me to cut them down severely. They have a lot more! (via Comics Worth Reading)
- Taking the Comic Out of the Comic Con – The Culture Cast with Zack and Nick talks Wizard World Chicago
Thanks for the constant support Kelson. Especially considering how silly I get sometimes.
Aw….aw…damn it. Now I despise the creators of the DC52 more than ever.
Yes, it’s true. If not for the DC52 we would likely have seen a crossover where there was a Batman Transformer robot and Optimus Prime was a Green Lantern.
I’m going to go crawl into a corner and weep now.
*sucks in breath* “AND THERE WAS GOING TO BE TRANSFORMER WONDER WOMAN INVISIBLE PLAAAAANE! WAAAAAH!”
Oh, wow. That would have been awesome.