- Rumor: Flash pilot screening at Comic-Con International. If it happens, and it’s on one of the days I’m there, I’ll at least try to see it and report back. Also, Geoff Johns hints at a possible Captain Cold appearance.
Modern Mythologies: Obsession and the Zoom Lineage– A great analysis of Eobard Thawne and Hunter Zolomon.
- The Flash Podcast 023 – DC Cinematic Universe (Part III)
- Back in a Flash Episode 4: Interview with Brett Booth
- Flash-Back Podcast discusses Flash #31
A few quick Flash and other-speedster links from this week.
- Flash for the Uninitiated – great article by Benito Cereno (Tales from the Bully Pulpit) for anyone new to the Flash who wants to get started.
- Flash #31 at Comic Book and Movie Reviews
- “Central City” is a new song from Mike Schmidt’s Flash rock opera
- The Flash Podcast Episode 22: Wally West Pt. 2
- Sons of the Devil (Brian Buccellato) preview at Comic Vine. The Kickstarter closes on Wednesday
- MPH #2 preview at CBR
- Jose Luis Molestina picks up Wally West’s final adventure in the pre-Flashpoint reality with a fan comic.
- In Defense Of DC Comics New 52′s Wally West – Inside Pulse
- Changes to Our Heroes: The Wally West Effect – Atomic Geekdom
- “Slow Burn/Please Don’t Die” song by Mike Schmidt.
- Super-hero Weaknesses – That time someone asked me what the Flash’s “weakness” was.
- Comic Book Legends Revealed tackles the question of what would have happened to Barry Allen if he hadn’t died in Crisis on Infinite Earths — and refers back to an interview with Cary Bates here at Speed Force!
- CBR: 5 Rogues we want on the Flash TV Show
- 15 Things to Note in the First Trailer for The Flash TV Series
- 6 Great Things About THE FLASH Trailer – The Flash TV
- Back In A Flash episode 3 focuses on the Rogues.
- The Flash Podcast Episode 21: Gorilla Grodd
- Flash TV Talk continues its Young Justice retrospective and discusses current TV rumors.
- The Flash #31 Review – IGN
- Review of The Flash #31 | Nothing But Comics!
- Speed Reading! – The Flash #31 | The Culture Cast with Zack and Nick
- Weird Science: The Flash #31 Review
- Don’t fear the silly – Robot 6 suggests that comics should embrace some of the inherent silliness. After all, without 75 years’ worth of stories to give them weight, the idea of a man who dresses up as a giant bat and calls himself “Bat Man” is pretty silly.
- Ask Chris considers the mass media influence on comics canon. You know, elements like Harley Quinn and Rene Montoya, or the Daily Planet, or Kryptonite.
- It’s weird how often these Peter David articles from more than a decade ago turn out to still be relevant. For example, this one about redefining comics for adults, or changes to movie/TV versions of characters.
The plugin I’ve been using to track links during the week for link round-ups has stopped working again. So here’s a manual catch-up on some Flash-themed podcasts over the last few weeks:
The Flash Podcast
Flash TV Talk
Young Justice Retrospective Part 5
Interview with Chad Rook
The Flash Podcast has had several episodes since our last link round-up:
- Episode 10 – The Trickster
- Episode 11 – Cisco Ramon – New episode of @TheFlashPodcast spotlights Cisco Ramon aka Vibe
- Episode 12 – Flash/Quiver Podcast Crossover
- Episode 13 – Interview with Greg Weisman (Young Justice co-creator)
Flash TV Talk has been doing a four-part Wally West/Young Justice retrospective.
WHO’S WHO: The Definitive Podcast of the DC Universe is up to Volume XIX, featuring Reverse Flash and Quicksilver (no, not that one!) – Firestorm Fan/Aquaman Shrine
- Flashfans.org interviews Brett Booth
- Eric Canete “MPH” Variant Cover
- That F’ing Monkey: Flash Friday: Sticker Scandal – That F’ing Monkey: Flash Friday Sticker Scandal
- Review of The Flash #29 – The Culture Cast with Zack and Nick
More Comics Links
- Buccellato and Tuazon’s “FOSTER” is being collected – In its original run, only 5 of the 6 issues made it to print, though the last issue was published digitally. Now the whole story is being collected in a paperback.
- Green Lantern: TAS, Bruce Timm, and focus groups – Giancarlo Volpe
- A Cast Photo From The Justice League Movie That Never Was – ComicsAlliance
- Tips for Surviving C2E2 – The Culture Cast with Zack and Nick
- Thrillbent announces subscriptions, new comics, including the return of Mark Waid & Barry Kitson’s Empire
- 10 Things We still miss about the old DC Universe – Newsarama
- Fake Geek Guys: A Message to Men About Sexual Harassment
- Greg Rucka on geek culture, women, and gatekeeping