The reviews are in for the first issue of Final Crisis: Rogues’ Revenge, and they’ve been overwhelmingly positive.
- Comics Worth Reading: Final Crisis Crossovers: Requiem and Rogues’ Revenge
- Comics And…Other Imaginary Tales: Best to Worst of Last Week
- Newsarama Best Shots: Cap, Rogues’ Revenge, Avengers and More
- Comic Book Bin: Review: Final Crisis: Rogues’ Revenge # 1 (of 3)
- Aaron Poehler Reviews: Final Crisis – Rogues’ Revenge #1, The Flash #242
- IGN Review: Final Crisis: Rogues’ Revenge (this is the only review that calls it “a bit of a letdown,” but they still gave it 7.9 out of 10)
- Weekly Crisis Comic Book Reviews for 07/16/08
- Speed Force: Review: Final Crisis: Rogues Revenge #1
IGN is the most critical comic review site out there. And sometimes I get the feeling that they aren’t even comic fans that are reviewing. It has to be the greatest book of all time just to get a 8.0
I wouldn’t be surprised. I didn’t even know IGN looked at comics until the review popped up on a Google alert.
I was very happy with Rouge’s Revenge. Johns does a bit of a retcon and recalls the events of Bart Allen’s death as if the reader has a fuzzy memory… but it worked for me anyway.
I hated the way Bart was done away with and I am VERY glad to see it addressed this way. Backing away from the wholesale murder of Flash III and the shortsighted plotline that made the Rouges into murderers in the first place is a step in the right direction.
With the critical success of this series (depending on the ending, of course), maybe the Big Two will think a little harder before the next “shock” death among mainline heroes.
Well said Chris. I hope those days are over.