Wow. Comic Bloc’s SNW1 has been checking more often than I have (or at least has better timing), because he spotted this: DC’s website now lists March 24, 2010 as the release date for Flash: Rebirth #6.
Think about that for a moment. Let that sink in. Assuming no further schedule changes (and so far, Blackest Night: Flash hasn’t changed), this means:
- Blackest Night: The Flash will finish a month before Flash: Rebirth does.
- Flash: Rebirth will have spanned just one week less than 52 did.
- There’s a good chance that Flash Secret Files will also be out by the time Flash: Rebirth finishes. (Presumably we’ll find out on Monday when DC’s March solicitations go up.)
- That April date for the Flash: Rebirth hardcover is looking mighty optimistic.
- The book will be out one week before WonderCon, for which EVS is drawing the program cover/T-shirt (Edit: this was posted just two days ago).
- On the plus side, those of us who were hoping The Flash might launch immediately after Rebirth’s conclusion might actually get our wish.
It’s worth noting that 4 people out of 106 did vote for March 2010 in the When Will Flash: Rebirth Finish? poll last month.
Update (Dec 20): The book may be coming out sooner than March after all.
Update 2: It’s been rescheduled to February 24, 2010.