Happy New Year, everyone!
A year ago, I posted a list of comic book resolutions. Let’s see how I did in 2009:
1. Only follow books that I like, and skip the ones that are just “important.”
Success! The only book that I picked up solely for “importance” was Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds, which was a holdover from the previous year.
2. Read through my backlog of unread comics and graphic novels.
Not so great. I caught up on a few, but I’ve been getting behind even on new comics. At least it’s helped me figure out which books I really want to read.
3. Keep up with properly boxing new comics, instead of letting them pile up for months.
Success (mostly). Once I admitted to myself that yes, I needed another long box, I got things under control. I do have a small pile sitting on top of the boxes, but those are new comics from the last month that I still need to read.
4. Go through my collection looking for stuff I don’t want anymore and actually get rid of it.
Failed. I was convinced that if I got on this, I wouldn’t need the new long box, but I never quite got around to it.
5. Not let myself get caught up too much in flamewars.
Success for 51 weeks…and then there was last week. Oops.
6. Update Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning more often.
Failed. I’ve kept up with time-critical updates, like upcoming comics and variant covers, but haven’t had the time to really go in and give it the overhaul it needs. Mostly because I’ve been spending it on the blog instead.
Stay tuned for this year’s resolutions!