Interesting links spotted over the past week.
Art, webcomics and humor:
- Calamities of Nature: Bad Investments looks back at the comics speculator boom and bust of the 1990s.
- Comic Critics: Please Turn the Dark Back On takes on the hazards of the Spider-Man Musical.
- The Alarmingly Specific Comic Book Ratings You Won’t Be Seeing at ComicsAlliance
- Gutters: DC Drops the Comics Code Seal (NSFW Language)
- Comic strip mashups by Ryan Dunlavey
- Batman Vs. The Internet by Caldwell Tanner and Kevin Corrigan on CollegeHumor
- Huge round-up of fan art at Comics Alliance.
- Review: DC Super-Pets Books 1-6 at Trade Reading Order. (The Fastest Pet on Earth is about Wonder Woman’s kangaroo? OK, I can see the cheetah connection, but talk about a missed opportunity! On the plus side, they have Dex-Starr…)
- Flash Mego Retro Review by That F’ing Monkey
- Review: Born to Run at Trade Reading Order
- Original 1959 ad for The Flash at Comics Should Be Good.
- The Beat on the end of Wizard Magazine and Toyfare
- DC Comics Characters in Need of Showrunners at Television Without Pity – Imagine Aaron Sorkin writing The Flash! (via @SpeedsterSite)
- The Life, Death and Life of Superheroes at the New York Times. (And for extra-coolness: they linked to my bio of Barry Allen!)
- Newsarama’s Eulogy to Wizard Magazine.
- Building a Better Digital Comics Marketplace – IGN
- John Ostrander: Exclusive Interview with Firestorm Fan
- Defending Quicksilver at Written World.