You get a giant-sized linkblogging post this weekend, since I was out of town last week.
- New Flash Legacies podcast focuses on Wally West’s Flash series.
- That F’ing Monkey returns to Flashpoint and features the Eaglemoss Captain Boomerang statue
- Casting the Flash at the Twhipping Boys
- Superman trolls the Flash – Jay Garrick wants to know why he always has to to the dishes. (ComicsAlliance plugs Kerry Callen)
- The Full Run returns with Mark Waid’s Flash (Comics Bulletin).
- Translation: The Flash vs. Gurdjieff by Alejandro Jodorowsky (Comics Bulletin)
- Flash #3 art preview (Francis Manapul)
- Flash #6 cover process (Francis Manapul)
- Flash #5 sneak peek (Francis Manapul)
- The Rogues Kick Ass has been posting a lot of scans and art this past week.
- The Geoff Johns Literalism Method (Comics Alliance)
- More Family Bun Toons, YAY! Now with more BATMAN! – Ty Templeton’s ART LAND!!
- DC has canceled several announced collections. Are trade solicits really announcements, or just gauging interest? Collected Editions
- 10 Issues of Ongoing Comics that Prove Single Issues Can Be Great (IO9)
- Comikaze: DC Comics- The New 52 Q&A (Newsarama)
- The grammar of the word balloon at Blambot Comic Fonts and Lettering
- What to do if your favorite comic is canceled (The Fifth Color/Robot 6)
- Emerald City Comicon launches Tales from the con weekly webcomic (via Comics Worth Reading)
- Are costume changes a bad thing? (Comic Book Revolution)
- The problem with costume changes – Halloween tales from Bun Toons
- Added: Once Upon a Geek is back
- Added: Rob Kelly (The Aquaman Shrine) and Dan O’Connor’s new webcomic Ace Kilroy, featuring 1930s Indiana Jones adventure and classic movie monsters, is seeking help through Kickstarter to get it through the critical first few months.
- Francis Manapul is growing a mustache for Movember (not a typo) to raise money to fight prostate cancer. Help sponsor him today!
- US readers: Congress is still debating a bill that would open the door to censoring the internet. Speed Force participated in American Censorship Day this past Wednesday to highlight the cause. Read about the Stop Online Piracy Act (which won’t do anything of the sort) and Protect-IP Act, then write!
- Lots of people want to write a novel. National Novel Writing Month helps them do it. I’ve participated in the event twice, and actually finished a 50,000
pageword novel one year (though it’s a long way from being polished enough to share with anyone.) Help keep the program going by donating today!
- The Spam Primer (run by the author of This Is True) is worth a look. It’s a quick run-down of how spammers operate, how spam-fighting works, and what you can do to keep junk out of your mailbox.
Also, remember that Speed Force is now on Google Plus.
Pingback: LAST WEEK on the ‘net | Ty Templeton's ART LAND!!
Thanks for the shout-out! Much appreciated!
The Irredeemable Shag
“Francis Manapul is growing a mustache for Movember ”
You got me at that 😛
50,000 page novel?! That’d be something!!
*slaps forehead* I meant 50,000-word, of course!
Thanks for catching that — I have no idea how I didn’t.