- Villain Spotlight: Double Down and Funko Pop Returns at That F’ing Monkey.
- Student creates the world’s fastest shoe with a printer (Geek.com)
- The Culture Cast reviews Flash #10
- Show us your . . . Flash museum at Chicago Reader
- The Weekly Crisis Moment of the Day: Why Fly When You Can Run?
- Stan Lee’s Comikaze Expo is ramping up publicity for September’s show in Los Angeles. Read about my experience & photos from last year
- Committed: The Altered State of Comic-Con (CSBG) considers what Comic-Con, trade shows and big festivals like Burning Man have in common.
Comics & Movies
- Comics Alliance asks: Why Don’t Hit Superhero Movies Lead to More Comics Sales?
- The Culture Cast on IMAX and 3D movies
- Scott Mendelson: Who Needs Origins? 8 Comic Book Films That Just Dove Right In (Huffington Post)
More Comics & Stuff
- Collected Editions reviews Static Shock: Supercharged and examines how creative conflicts damaged the resulting work.
- Weird: Official Fake Justice League Minifigures in Japan designed to look like knock-offs. (Comics Alliance)
- The Naive Project: Brain aneurysm survivor Siike Donnelly is seeking artists for a “jam” style comic to raise funds for the Brain Aneurysm Foundation (Comics Cure)
- The Gold Standard talks character rollbacks at Comics Nexus/Inside Pulse
- Comics Not Just For Kids Anymore, Reports 85,000th Mainstream News Story. It’s true. The Onion only had to make up the numbers.
- Economically Healthy ‘Daily Planet’ Now Most Unrealistic Part Of Superman Universe – another good Onion story
- Fan art: Era-Displaced Comic Book Characters in the latest “The Line It Is Drawn” at CSBG