First: The Flashy Links
- The Flash Podcast episode 4: Casting – the latest episode talks about the casting news that’s been coming out for the Flash TV show pilot.
- The Flash and Property Rights – Remember when the Flash rebuilt an entire apartment building? Law and the Multiverse tackles the legal implications.
- The Flash and the Furious – MAD TV – apparently only viewable in the US
- Retcon Punch reviews Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion #5
- Comics-inspired typographic prints at Robot6, including one of the Flash
- Lego DC Super-Heroes at Fastest Fan Alive
- As usual, tons of Rogues-related stuff at The Rogues Kick Ass.
More comics-related links
- “Johnny Come Lately” Has Another Name She Has No Head! explains why you shouldn’t look down on people who haven’t been into your chosen fandom as long as you and therefore don’t know as much: They’re NEW READERS.
- Related: xkcd: Ten Thousand – If you belittle people for discovering something later than you, you miss out on the fun of helping them discover more.
- Two sure-to-be-controversial pieces that I stumbled on the same day: Ch-Ch-Changes – Peter David writes (back in 2000) about the nature of change in comics, and fan reaction to it, particularly long-term fans (something that basically didn’t exist back in the Golden and Silver Age of comics). And then View from the Gutters writes I Think Every Superhero You Love Should Be Dead (or, On the Nature of Time) and reinventing new heroes for new generations of readers. They both make interesting points, but I think they veer into “you’re wrong for liking what you like” territory.
- Jill Pantozzi (aka the Nerdy Bird) is doing the New Jersey Muscle Walk and needs help to raise funds for the Muscular Dystrophy Association