Some more linkblogging.
Around the DC Universe:
- Ed Brubaker, Greg Rucka, Gotham Central and the New 52 at Grumpy Old Fan
- LEGO Batman 2 gameplay demo video from E3 – IGN
- Major Spoilers Question Of The Day (Wally west Edition): Which legacy hero should be in the big leagues?
- The ORIGINAL Zero Month, remembered at Westfield Comics (via Comics Worth Reading)
- 5 things the DCU can learn from Young Justice – Blue Yonder
State of the Comics Industry…
- Who benefits from DRM? (Not the consumer) – 4thletter
- Batwoman #0 and the ridiculousness of comics numbering Eye on Comics
- The Beat asks: Whatever happened to the superstar artist?
- Publisher’s Weekly interviews Mark Waid about Thrillbent and digital comics
- Interesting breakdown of comic book movies at Nat’s TV or Not TV: Those based on comics created before 1982 are mostly based on publisher-owned concepts. Those based on comics created after 1982 are mostly based on creator-owned concepts. (via The Beat)
- ComiCON-versation #8 Programming the comicon experience. – The Beat
And some more general comics links…
- Breaking the Wednesday habit – 4thLetter. (I had a similar experience when I started a job too far away to get to my regular comic shop during the week, and had to switch to the weekend crowd. I’m back to Wednesdays, but far too often I don’t have time to read until the weekend anyway.)
- 10 Most Iconic Comic Book Covers Of All Time – Brian Cronin
- The 6 Most Half-Assed Superhero Origins of All Time — Cracked.com
- A letter from Sheldon Mayer (cartoonist and editor of the Golden-Age Flash) at The Comics Journal