The just-released-today cover for Flashpoint: Citizen Cold #1 features Central City’s new hero facing off against a group of gloved hands and weapons representing the Rogues. Long-time (and even short-time) Flash readers should recognize most of them.
From left to right:
- Weather Wizard, one of the classic Rogues Gallery.
- Tar Pit, introduced during Geoff Johns’ first run on The Flash. A small-time criminal who could project his mind into inanimate objects, then got stuck in a lump of tar.
- Fallout, also introduced during Geoff Johns’ first run. A tragic story of a man who was turned radioactive in a nuclear accident, and locked up because the radiation killed his family. Iron Heights actually hooked him up to the prison’s power grid.
- The Trickster. It could be either the classic one (I really miss James Jesse) or the new one, but given that Scott Kolins co-created the new one, I’m guessing it’s Axel.
- Mirror Master. Another classic Rogue, and another case where it could be either the original or the second criminal to use the name and costume. This one’s a tougher call.
In the main timeline, Geoff Johns has thoroughly established Captain Cold as the leader of the Rogues. It’ll be interesting to see how this dynamic changes in the altered timeline with Citizen Cold as their enemy.
Update: Heat Wave is missing from this cover…but not from Flashpoint!