Sorry I missed the usual weekend linkblogging post. The time I would have spent on it, I used to build a pinhole camera to watch Sunday’s solar eclipse. In case you’re interested, I’ve put together a photo essay of the eclipse and the impromptu viewing party that sprung up when dozens of people went to the same park with everything from holes punched in cards to welding masks and telescopes.
- Fastest Fan Alive: Contest Results
- Random Flash round-up from That F'ing Monkey Random Flash Round Up and Flash Cereal from That F’ing Monkey
- Superhero Origins: The Flash at WatchMojo
- Q&A: What do The Flash’s earpiece emblems do? – StackExchange
- Be sure to check out Fastest Fan Alive and The Rogues Kick Ass for collectibles & Rogues posts.
- Mark Waid’s free digital comic “Insufferable” is up to three installments at Thrillbent.
- Bleeding Cool interviews Brian Augustyn, Mark Waid’s editor and later co-writer on The Flash.
- CBR TV: Jay Faerber On "Near Death," Creator-Owned Comics plus Ringer and that infamous Titans run.
- The Very End of Empire – PopMatters interviews “The Shade’s” James Robinson
- Geoff Johns & Jim Lee spotlight guests at NYCC
- Brian Buccellato’s Foster Anthology, a one-shot collection of short stories set in the same world as his creator-owned horror/crime comic, met its funding goal and then some.
- Marvel’s “Avengers” Success: What Can DC Comics Learn From It? – MTV
- Five Years Later: The Oral History of Countdown to Final Crisis – Funnybook Babylon pieces together the background of the series from old interviews. (via The Beat)
- Hotels for San Diego / Comic-Con have opened up again now that the deadline has passed for cancellation with full refund. (via The Beat)