Way back in 2009, when Speed Force hit 500 posts, my wife invented a Flash drink to celebrate. With the Flash TV Show premiering tonight, and Flash TV Talk posting their drink ideas, it seemed like a good time to repost our recipe:
Recipe: Flash Drink
- 4 oz Izze Pomegranate soda (or other red soda that goes well with cranberry)
- 2 oz cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 oz vodka (for non-alcoholic version, replace this with more cranberry juice)
- 1 Lemon
- Peel zest from entire lemon in one long spiral with vegetable peeler.
- Cut jagged bits into lemon peel to give it a zig-zag or lightning bolt look.
- Cut lemon peel strip in half crosswise (use one half for each of two drinks).
- Mix all liquid ingredients cold and pour into glass.
- Place lemon peel decoratively in glass.
Ideally, you should have something else you can use the rest of the lemon for.