From the latest 20 Questions with Dan Didio:
12. Is there word on a creative team for Flash post Rebirth? Obviously, it’s assumed that Geoff [Johns] will be writing it…
DD: Yes it is, it is assumed. (laughs)
NRAMA: What are the chances that Ethan will join him?
DD: Right now, we’ve got Ethan [Van Sciver] and Geoff pushing pretty hard on Flash: Rebirth, and once we get a little closer, we’ll be announcing the team on the Flash monthly comic. It’s all part of a bigger announcement, because it’s not just about one Flash book. [emphasis added]
The obvious implication here is that there will be more than one Flash-related series spinning out of Flash: Rebirth. We can probably safely assume that one will be The Flash, starring Barry Allen, written by Geoff Johns. As for the other(s), Didio may simply be referring to the 3-issue miniseries, Blackest Night: The Flash, which starts in November. DC hasn’t announced the creative team for that book, either, so they could be planning to announce the mini and the ongoing together.
But what if he is talking about something more ambitious? What might a second Flash-related book be?
- Kid Flash, starring Bart Allen?
- Flash Family, starring Wally West and the twins?
- Flashback (i.e. Flash: Classified), featuring stories of Barry, Wally, and/or Jay in times gone by?
- All-Flash, starring a speedster team or rotating cast?
- The Rogues, starring…well…the Rogues?
What else would you like to see? What else would you expect to see?