My photos are up from Comikaze Expo, a show that just launched in Los Angeles this weekend. It was a bigger show than I expected, though more of a general geek pop culture con than a “comic con.” They kept talking about how it was a first for Los Angeles, but it reminded me a lot of a Wizard convention, just bigger.
For the record, I spotted only two speedster costumes all day: Sonic the Hedgehog and a woman in the off-the-shelf Flash Halloween costume.
Anyway, photos now, more detailed write-up soon. Also, the friend I went with took more photos than I did, if you’re interested in checking them out.
Update: My full write-up of the con is up at K-Squared Ramblings!
I’m back from a day at Comic-Con International, and I’ve posted my photos from Friday up at Flickr. This one here is of the two costumed con-goers who came to the Flash photo shoot originally planned for yesterday at 11:00, but now rescheduled for Saturday at 4:00 PM.
I’ll be posting some of the “Flashier” pics here, including a round-up of the action figures on display at the DC Comics booth. My con report, as usual, will go up at K-Squared Ramblings once I’ve had time to write it. Update: Here it is!
Where else would you need Morrison school supplies?
Edit: It gets better. There’s a comic store in the same shopping center.
I attended the DC Editorial presentation at WonderCon today. I don’t have nearly as detailed a report as Newsarama’s, but I posted a few items to Twitter over the course of the hour and a half Q&A session:
- JT Krul: There’s not a lot of bright colors in [Rise of Arsenal]. Brian Hitch(?): Well, there’s red…
- Geoff Johns: No “Teen Lantern.”
- On Superboy Prime returning: “He’ll eventually be back. He’s like a cockroach.”
- Spoiler Lad is at the mike right now…
- Why aren’t Rip & Booster dealing w/ Zoom & Batman? GJ: They will.
- How soon will we see Captain Cold & Mirror Master in the new Flash series? GJ: In issue 1. And 2, and 3, and 4….
- The Geoff Johns/Scott Kolins Wally West stories that were going to be backups: We’ll probably see them eventually.
- Jim Lee: It’s a lot harder to get digital comics signed at cons…
- Fan asks about bringing Mortal Kombat chars into DCU. No plans. Geoff Johns adds: Captain Cold would kill Sub-Zero so fast…
I have a few photos as well, including both the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh and Jim Lee coming up to the microphone to ask questions.
Update: CBR’s write-up is online now.
Update 2: I’ve posted my write-up on the whole convention.
Batman of Zurr-enn-Arrh, originally uploaded by Kelson.
I did in fact make it to WonderCon on Saturday, and I’ve posted my photos to Flickr. (No, that’s not me! The Batman of Zur-En-Arrh was just happy that he got his question answered at the DC Editorial panel.)
Last night the hotel wifi was horribly slow. Today it’s much faster. Probably because a lot of people are either just leaving the con or at dinner right now.
Update: My con report is online!