Comic-Con International is coming up in only two weeks. Now’s a great time to review your plans and check out Speed Force’s tips to make the most of your trip to San Diego, built up from years of personal experience.
I decided to switch the Twitter digests from weekly to daily for the week of Comic-Con International. This is a bit cleaned up and reorganized.
- This is going to be one of those many-blog-posts-a-day weeks, isn’t it? I may push some of my scheduled posts to after #sdcc #
- Diamond says Flash: Rebirth #1 FOURTH PRINTING ships next week. #
- Need to decide whether to keep going with Final Crisis Aftermath: Dance by Wednesday. Dropped Escape last week, not reading Ink or Run. #
- Misread “Council of Spiders” (upcoming Red Robin arc) as “Council of Spoilers.” #
- RT @SD_Comic_Con: Very Funny: Five questions not to ask at the con (Via @genjadeshade) #
- Another good list: RT @SD_Comic_Con Hey: 20 Tips for every Con Attendee! #
- RT @matt_sturges: Hey, look! Preview pages from JSA 29, our first issue. #
- Preview of Last Days of Animal Man #3 w/a future Flash #
- What links Geoff Johns, Marv Wolfman and Grant Morrison, the 3 writers WB has hired as superhero consultants? CRISIS! #
- Worth remembering: You don’t HAVE to argue every silly point out there (via CSBG) #
- 21 artists who changed mainstream comics, incl. Carmine Infantino, George Perez, Alex Ross via @Robot6 #
- *sigh* Perhapanauts switches to “miniseries scheduling” right when I switched from trades to individual issues. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
The trolley is a good way to get around Downtown San Diego. Here are some tips for making the most of it during Comic-Con International:
- Trolley maps and schedules are on
sdcommute.com andsdmts.com. Here’s a direct link to the trolley map.
- You can get a 4-day pass online at
sdcommute.com. They mail it, so it’s probably too late for this year, but next time…
- There are 2 trolley stops near the convention center: Convention Center and Gaslamp Quarter.
- Downtown trolleys run every 15 min/day, 30 min/evening, until around midnight (later on weekends)
- Trolleys are crowded, especially on Fri and Sat, so plan for at least 30 min delay.
- MTS has posted the special event trolley schedule for the con (via @SD_Comic_Con)
Every day between now and the start of the convention on July 22, I’ll be posting a new tip (or two) to my Twitter account @SpeedForceOrg. Some are specific to SDCC, some are specific to San Diego, and others are just good ideas for any con that you attend.
As they go out, I’ll save each one to a list of tips here on this site.