I’m on the other side of the country from New York, but the comics press are doing a thorough job of covering New York Comic Con. The Flash isn’t getting a huge spotlight, but there are bits of news here and there. SpeedsterSite has been posting Flash-related bits on Twitter.
From CBR’s Geoff Johns Spotlight write-up:
- After re-introducing Barry Allen in the first story, “all of the flashes” will appear in future arcs.
- Flashpoint (the upcoming Flash-centered event) and Speed Force (the second ongoing Flash series) will debut in the first half of 2011.
- Hot Pursuit (appearing on the cover of Flash #9) doesn’t run, but his motorcycle uses the speed force. “He’s a police officer. His identity I think will surprise a lot of people.”
- No plans for Walter West, the Dark Flash.
- Regarding James Jesse, “The original Trickster’s still dead…But you never know, there’s a lot of Black and White rings out there.”
- The upcoming Flashpoint event is completely unrelated to the Flashpont Elseworlds story from ten years ago.
- A Green Lantern/Flash crossover is in the works.
From CBR’s DC Nation writeup:
- Kid Flash and Superboy race in Superboy #3.
- Who’s Who will be out after Flashpoint.
See also Newsarama’s DC Nation liveblog.
Newsarama’s Animated Young Justice coverage has a lot on this version of the characters, including:
Kid Flash is Wally West, 15, and good friends with Robin. Voiced by Jason Spisak. Not as fast as the Flash, and he can’t stop on a dime — he has to skid to a stop. He’s very much into using his momentum as a weapon, so his costume has shoulderpads and kneepads. Vietti: “His body is like a human cannonball… he has a little bit of a parkour approach.”
Of DC Universe Online, Newsarama says, “All 4 Earth Green Lanterns, all the Flashes are in the game”
And finally, a bit from SpeedsterSite:
Andy Kubert on FLASHPOINT: “I’ve got a HUGE chunk of it done. Geoff will choke me if I say any more.”