I’m on the other side of the country from New York, but the comics press are doing a thorough job of covering New York Comic Con. The Flash isn’t getting a huge spotlight, but there are bits of news here and there. SpeedsterSite has been posting Flash-related bits on Twitter.
From CBR’s Geoff Johns Spotlight write-up:
- After re-introducing Barry Allen in the first story, “all of the flashes” will appear in future arcs.
- Flashpoint (the upcoming Flash-centered event) and Speed Force (the second ongoing Flash series) will debut in the first half of 2011.
- Hot Pursuit (appearing on the cover of Flash #9) doesn’t run, but his motorcycle uses the speed force. “He’s a police officer. His identity I think will surprise a lot of people.”
- No plans for Walter West, the Dark Flash.
- Regarding James Jesse, “The original Trickster’s still dead…But you never know, there’s a lot of Black and White rings out there.”
- The upcoming Flashpoint event is completely unrelated to the Flashpont Elseworlds story from ten years ago.
- A Green Lantern/Flash crossover is in the works.
See also Comics Alliance’s summary and Newsarama’s liveblog.
From CBR’s DC Nation writeup:
- Kid Flash and Superboy race in Superboy #3.
From Comics Alliance’s DC Nation post:
- Who’s Who will be out after Flashpoint.
See also Newsarama’s DC Nation liveblog.
Newsarama’s Animated Young Justice coverage has a lot on this version of the characters, including:
Kid Flash is Wally West, 15, and good friends with Robin. Voiced by Jason Spisak. Not as fast as the Flash, and he can’t stop on a dime — he has to skid to a stop. He’s very much into using his momentum as a weapon, so his costume has shoulderpads and kneepads. Vietti: “His body is like a human cannonball… he has a little bit of a parkour approach.”
Of DC Universe Online, Newsarama says, “All 4 Earth Green Lanterns, all the Flashes are in the game”
The DC Universe panel didn’t seem to have much Flash info at either CBR or Newsarama. Same with the DC Town Hall: Comics Alliance summary, Newsarama liveblog.
And finally, a bit from SpeedsterSite:
Andy Kubert on FLASHPOINT: “I’ve got a HUGE chunk of it done. Geoff will choke me if I say any more.”
Andy also revealed that his father inked him on Flashpoint #1 cover. Don’t know if he’ll be inking the series though.
Cool! It’s just astonishing that someone who worked on the original, Golden-Age series is still doing occasional work on The Flash!
Hey, can somebody tell me more about Speed Force? I never heard about a second flash series for the future…
Where did you guys see that? thanks!
Geoff Johns announced it in San Diego, and I broke the news here. There really isn’t much more known about it, except that it’s a second Flash book that should make fans of Wally and Bart happy.
Assuming it doesn’t fall through, of course.
Hey, Kelson, I have a full report on Young Justice here:
with some info Newsarama missed. Plus: Pictures!