As anticipated, ComiXology has launched a digital Flash sale timed with today’s launch of the Flash TV Show.
Collections from Flash: Rebirth onward are discounted, plus the following series are being offered at only 99 cents an issue (typical back issue price at ComiXology is $1.99):
- Flash (Barry Allen New 52/2011-present) #1-30 (excluding annuals)
- Flash (Barry Allen 2010-2011) full series
- Flash: Rebirth
- Flash (Wally West 1987-2009) #1-225 (excluding annuals, #0, #1/2 and #1,000,000)
Regarding that last item: DC has been slowly adding every issue of the series to their online library after pushing key issues in earlier sales. This summer they stopped at the end of the Geoff Johns/Scott Kolins run at #200 and jumped completely over the Johns/Howard Porter run to fill in the last 10 issues by Tom Peyer/Freddie Williams and Alan Burnett/art committee — then stopped adding anything else. At the time I’d hoped that DC was merely waiting for the Flash TV show launch for a major event, and it turns out that was the case!
The Wally West Flash series is now almost complete digitally! None of the annuals are up yet, and they’re still missing five issues from #226-230, between the end of Geoff Johns’ run and the One Year Later relaunch with Bart Allen as the Flash. To be honest I can see why they’d be missed — there’s a one-issue fill-in story (that literally had been written and drawn years before and kept on file in case an issue ran late, back when DC still did that) and a four-part editorial wrap-up story that tried to bring things full circle with Vandal Savage’s return. Also missing: the Wizard #1/2 issue that featured the Trickster and led into Rogue War. I can imagine the reprint rights might be complicated with that one.
Not included in the sale, but also available online:
- Flash: Season Zero (TV tie-in, already 99 cents per issue)
- Flash (New 52) newer issues and annuals
- Flash (Wally West, 1987-2009) #231-247
- Flash (Barry Allen, 1959-1986) handful of issues scattered around, plus the Trial from #340-350.
- Blackest Night: The Flash
- Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion
- Impulse (complete excluding annuals)
Now if we can just get them to fill in those last few issues and the annuals for Wally West, then get serious about the pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths Barry Allen series.
The 1990 Flash 50th Anniversary special would also be great to see…and the 1991 Flash TV Special! Now that would be kind of trippy!
Head over to the digital Flash sale on ComiXology.