Inspired by last week’s one-line Flashpoint teasers, @Speedstersite started posting jokes marked #FakeFLASHPOINTTeaser on Twitter. Others joined in.
Here are some of my favorites:
- SpeedsterSite: Turns out, hard water is just ice, nothing more.
- SpeedsterSite: He absolutely refused to see Zorro that night
- collecteditions: No one escaped the Manhunters.
- collecteditions: He never much liked fish; she never much liked Curry.
- collecteditions: The Graysons never worked without a net.
- ryanoneil: Jor-El wasn’t actually a rocket scientist.
- DougG_ATL: Hippolyta is a terrible sculptor
- DougG_ATL: Superboy Prime, try this Xanax.
- TheLastIslander: Bart Allen is secretly the time trapper. (More of a fake spoiler than a fake teaser, but at this point, who hasn’t been the Time Trapper?)
- BlueTyson This story is actually good! (Ouch!)
- JCorduroy Greedo shot first. (So that explains it!)
My own humble contributions:
- He never lost his eye.
- He would’ve gotten away with it, if it weren’t for those darn kids.
- They caught the radioactive spider before it could bite anyone.
- Nephew? What nephew?
You can find the rest on Twitter at the #FakeFLASHPOINTTeaser tag.
But Twitter isn’t the only place people were doing this. Over at the CBR forums, posters were making their own banners in the same spirit.